How to Order Your Sign from TopMade
- If you haven’t already discussed it before signing your lease, visit your landlord to find out what type of sign he or she recommends or allows.
- Make a rough sketch of what you are looking for and what you can spend. If you shoot a photograph of the area where you want the sign, you try photoshop or another program to rough out your ideas. Also, get the site plan for your building if necessary showing property lines.
- Get in touch with Topmade by uploading the information using the order request form, or give us a call. By examining your sketch and site plans, Topmade representative will be happy to provide some options and rough estimates based on your initial ideas & sizes.
- If the estimate quotation isn’t in your desired range, alternate processes and sign styles can be discussed. Also, your representative will know the general likelihood of obtaining permit approval for certain types of signs given the area you are looking for, and this too may change the initial specifications.
- When the estimate is in the right range, a representative will visit your site to examine the surface structure and take precise measurements.
- Your representative will then take these measurements, finalize the specifications for the sign that you want, and then we will be able to give you an exact price. Once you accept this cost, and you will place a deposit of 30- 50 per cent of the value of the sign. Clients requiring permits must also place a non-refundable (usually around $200 range) fee for permit processing, which will generally come out of the deposit. Topmade will then create shop drawings of the sign for you / Landlord / city’s approval. Any structural & electrical requirements to be prepared by the client will then be provided to you as well. We will also recommend a maintenance contract to suit your budget and type of sign.
- Topmade will also proceed with obtaining city permit if the type of sign requires it. Normally permit approval takes about 1 to 2 weeks for most signs, but can be up to six weeks for large sign projects such as large awnings and pylons. If your sign does not receive permit approval, we may either the review specifications or re-submit the application, or refund your deposit should the project be impossible. (This is very rare. Our experience means we generally always know if certain types of projects will be possible.)
- We will notify you when permit approval is obtained, which means the work can commence.
- Delivery / Installation. Depending on the type of sign, this can take 1 – 3 days. Exterior sign installation may also depend on weather conditions.
- Ongoing maintenance. Depending on the type of sign, Topmade may recommend clients purchase a maintenance contract to clean and repair signs, and replace lighting as necessary.
Submit your order request
If you are interested in obtaining a quote from Topmade please use the following form to provide details about your project. We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion.